Sunday, December 21, 2008

We are now "Juicers"...

What exactly does that mean? For the King family, it means we drink juice....occasionally! Ha, don't stroke out mom.


This Jack Lalanne Juicer was my Christmas present from my mom. I was actually begging her for it and she gave it to me early. Somehow, I got stuck on the "infomercial" channel late one night. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge sucker for good advertising.


So far, so good. We all three approve this contraption and the refreshing juice it makes. Zach and I have a new favorite: Fresh pineapple and a red apple. Something that is very tasty and for once healthy. We love to throw a nice big glass of juice in with our Bon-Bons, fudge, peanuts, peanut butter cups....it just takes all the guilt away! ;)


Zach thinks it is all fun in games. Just wait until he comes home from a long days work for a nice home cooked meal and he finds the following: A large glass of tomato juice with a side of sweet potato juice, celery juice and some other juice from a random veggie I have sitting around!


In all seriousness, this is machine is awesome and we have really enjoyed it. It the beginning of the new year I am going to really crack down and lose some of this excess...junk food...I have layering around my belly...YUCK. I am going on a juicing marathon. I will keep you updated.


Let me know if you have any good juicing recipes!


Happy Juicing from the Kings!


1 comment:

Mary said...

ummm,this sounds interesting and not like something you would like! I might have to give it a whirl!